We are excited to offer Ireland’s first babysitting course. This course will teach all of the fundamental skills required to safely look after children from birth to 12 years and will prepare you to become a capable and trusted sitter. In fact, 9 out of 10 parents surveyed said they would be more inclined to hire a trained sitter who holds our certification. Upon completion of this course, learners will receive an Aspire Training, Certificate of Attendance, along with a Basic Paediatric First Aid Certificate, and learners will also be guided through Tusla’s Introduction to Children First child protection course, which is also certified.
Programme Profile and Timeframe
This is an online tutor led course. It runs over three evening sessions, each session will be three hours in duration.
On completion of this course learners will have gained:
Child Care Skills
- Basic care for routines for infants and children
- Recognising and responding to common childhood illnesses
- Child development
- Promoting positive behaviour
- Age appropriate activities
- Professional practice
- Indoor Safety
- Outdoor Safety
- Online Safety
- Personal Safety
- Handling Emergencies
First Aid & Rescue Skills
- Injury prevention
- Basic first aid and injury management
- Choking rescue
- Introduction to CPR
- Activating the emergency services
As this course is run online, via Zoom, there are some IT requirements necessary. Please see below:
– Learners should have a basic working knowledge of how to use a computer, with access to the internet. This includes how to send and receive email, and email attachments.
– Learners will have reasonable knowledge of Zoom or similar platforms.
– Learners will know how to use Microsoft Word/Google Documents. This includes how to type, save, edit and send documents and e-mails.
– Learners must have access to a computer with sound and a working microphone
This course is open to everyone aged 15 and above.
All course materials are provided by Aspire Training.
The fee for this course is €120.00, payable upon booking.