This unique, bespoke course has been carefully developed specifically for newly qualified, or trainee Special Needs Assistants to assist with job-seeking and interview skills.
We envisage a high rollout of SNA jobs this summer, as in the most recent education budget, it was announced that there will be 990 new SNA jobs created in 2021. This will take the number of SNAs in Irish schools to 18,000, the highest figure ever recorded (RTE, 2021).
Please see below for course details and upcoming dates.
We are excited to offer Special Needs Assistants the opportunity to take part in our bespoke job seeking and interview skills course.
We have networked with school principals, SEN teachers, and SNA tutors in order to design a course that will be informative, interactive and leave you ready to seek and apply for jobs confidently.
Programme Profile and Timeframe:
This is a three-hour course, available online through ZOOM, running from 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm. Please see below for a list of upcoming dates.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
1. Seek suitable jobs in their local area, and sign up for subbing.
2. Complete a standard application – Understanding the advertisement and important facts. Types of contracts e.g Fixed term, part-time, temporary etc
3. Understand the next step – A guide to shortlisting for interviews
4. Answer interview questions – What to expect, including a list of commonly asked questions.
5. Dress confidently for an interview.
There will also be time allocated to answer questions throughout the evening.
This course is designed for qualified or trainee Special Needs Assistants.
All course materials are provided by Aspire Training.
The fee for this course is €50.00, payable upon booking
Thursday, July 1st 2021: 6.30 pm – 9.30 pm (<10 SPACES REMAINING)
Tuesday, July 6th 2021: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Tuesday, July 20th 2021: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Thursday, July 29th 2021: 6.30pm – 9.30pmREGISTER NOW