Manual Handling Injuries are the largest single cause of accidents within the workplace in Ireland. To comply with the 2007 Manual Handling Regulations, staff engaged in manual handling must be trained in the safe handling of loads.
Our Manual Handling Training course will give the skills to safely carry out daily manual handling tasks correctly and minimise injury, particularly back injuries to all participants.
- Legislation – Employer and Employee
- Injuries – Anatomy; Injuries
- Assessing Tasks – The Load; Individual Capability; The Task; The Work Environment
- Principles – Principles of Manual Handling; Demonstration
- Practical – Practical Exercise; Applying principles to given situations
- Assessments – Practical demonstration assessment; Brief written or oral assessment; Feedback
Course Duration: 3 hours and a max of 10 participants